To understand the benefits of laser hair removal for women well, we have to look at other options. As a matter of facts, there are many options one should consider before making the decision.
• Shaving – Well, you can shave everything with ease. As a matter of fact, it is the quickest option. However, hair grows back in a matter of days.
• Hair Removing Creams – The truth is that depilatory creams dissolve hair in minutes. However, they often smell like a wet dog combined with gasoline.
• Sugaring and Waxing – This is another option of removing hair one might consider. This hair removal technique snatches hair at the roots. It will take weeks for hair to grow back. However, the process of waxing is painful and itches when hair begins to grow back.
• Electrolysis – The good news is that this is a long-lasting option one might consider. It uses fine needles that are injected into the hair follicle, and then an electric current is used to kill hair follicle. This process is very painful and the whole process is time-consuming.
This takes us to laser hair removal, which is a very widespread semi-permanent option. The laser is used to damage hair follicles to reduce hair growth. According to Carlos A. Charles, MD, and founder of Derma di Colore said that the laser detects hair exclusively through focusing on cell pigment that is in the hair follicles. “The moment melanin in the hair is targeted, the laser burns hair all the way to its roots and follicles and after a few sessions you can forget about razors and waxing.”, he added.
Therefore, what are the benefits of laser hair removal for women?
• Precise – Unlike other options except for electrolysis, laser hair removal targets hair follicle.
• Cost Effective – The truth is that laser hair removal treatment will cost you money. However, in its long-term, it will save you money and hence cost effective. This is because you will no longer need to spend money on razors, depilatory creams, wax treatments, and other available options.
• Fast – Laser hair removal treatment is fast; though the speed generally depends on the area being treated. Furthermore, you are generally likely to see results within a few weeks. Think of the time you will save by not shaving or waxing regularly.
• No Waiting For Hair Growth – With other forms of hair removal, one must wait for hair to grow back again. However, laser hair removal for women, you do not have to wait for that. As a matter of fact, you will be advised to shave when going for the treatment to prevent scorching surface hair. This is a benefit that is not available with waxing or razor shaving.
• Effective – A majority of people can achieve permanent hair loss within 3 to 7 sessions, making it a very successful treatment.
• Minimum Side Effects – The fact is that laser hair removal treatment offers minor side effects, of which if they occur they do not last more than few days.